- 05th May, 2021
- 902 Followers
Latest MCQ Tests
Pratice HR Questions
Microprocessor MCQ Test
1) FPGA means
2) Which language could be used for programming an FPGA.
3) What is mean by ALU
4) Which one of the following is not a vectored interrupt?
5) 8085 microprocessor has how many pins
6) In 8085 microprocessor, the RST6 instruction transfer programme execution to following location
7) HLT opcode means
8) In 8085 name/names of the 16 bit registers is/are
9) What is SIM?
10) The ROM programmed during manufacturing process itself is called
11) A field programmable ROM is called
12) A combinational PLD with a fixed AND array and a programmable OR array is called a
13) A combinational PLD with a programmable AND array and a fixed OR array is called a
14) A combinational PLD with a programmable AND array and a programmable OR array is called a
15) A mask programmed ROM is
16) The length of bus cycle in 8086/8088 is four clock cycles, T1, T2, T3, T4 and an indeterminate number of wait state clock cycles denoted by Tw. The wait states are always inserted between
17) Which one of the following circuits transmits two messages simultaneously in one direction
18) The number of output pins in 8085 microprocessors are
19) The program counter in a 8085 micro-processor is a 16-bit register, because
20) A microprocessor is ALU
21) Inintel 8085A microprocessor ALE signal is made high to
22) Output of the assembler in machine codes is referred to as
23) Which of the following statements for intel 8085 is correct?
24) A good assembly language programmer should use general purpose registers rather than memory in maximum possible ways for data processing. This is because:
25) Which one of the following is not correct?
26) I)A total of about one million bytes can be directly addressed by the 8086 microprocessor II)8086 has thirteen 16-bit registers III)8086 has eight flags IV)Compared to 8086, the 80286 provides a higher degree of memory protection Which one of the statements given above are correct?
27) The processor status word of 8085 microprocessor has five flags namely:
28) What are the sets of commands in a program which are not translated into machine instructions during assembly process, called?
29) The cycle required to fetch and execute an instruction in a 8085 microprocessor is which one of the following?
30) In an intel 8085A, which is the first machine cycle of an instruction?
31) Both the ALU and control section of CPU employ which special purpose storage location?
32) IN an intel 8085A microprocessor, why is READY signal used?
33) Assertion(A): Monostablemultivibrators (IC74121) are used in a microprocessor based system for frequency measurement. Reason(R): Microprocessor counts the number of interrupt signals/second or within a specified interval through ISR.
34) Consider the following I) Sign flag II) Trap flag III) Parity flag IV) Auxiliary carry flag. Which one of the above flags is/are present in 8085 microprocessor?
35) Consider the following statements: In 8085 microprocessor, data-bus and address bus are multiplexed in order to I)Increase the speed of microprocessor. II)Reduce the number of pins. III)Connect more peripheral chips. Which of these statements is/are correct?
36) Assertion(A): Address bus is unidirectional. Reason(R): Data bus is bidirectional
37) Assertion(A): The frequency of 8085 system is ½ of the crystal frequency. Reason(R): Microprocessor (8085) requires a two phase clock.
38) ALU (Arithmetic and Logic Unit ) of 8085 microprocessor consists of
39) Which components are NOT found on chip in a microprocessor but may be found on chip in a microcontroller?
40) The clock speed of 8085 is
41) The first machine cycle of an instruction is always
42) The output data lines of microprocessor and memories are usually tristated because
43) The correct sequence of steps in the instruction cycle of a basic computer is
44) Following is a 16-bit register for 8085 microprocessor
45) The register which holds the information about the nature of results of arithmetic and logic operations is called as
46) When referring to instruction words, a mnemonic is
47) While using a frequency counter for measuring frequency, two modes of measurement are possible: Period time Frequency mode There is a ‘cross-over frequency’ below which the period mode is preferred. Assuming the crystal oscillator frequency to be 4MHz, the crossover frequency is given by
48) In 8085 microprocessor system with memory mapped I/O, which of the following is true?
49) Consider the following statements: Arithmetic Logic Unit (ALU) 1.Performs arithmetic operations 2.Performs comparisons. 3.Communicates with I/O devices 4.Keeps watch on the system Which of these statements are correct?
50) Ready pin of microprocessor is used
Microprocessor Online Test Questions (Microprocessor FAQs)
1) What is Microprocessor?
The microprocessor is a miniature or microelectronic device that is consists of arithmetic, logic, and control circuitry that can be used to perform the functions of a computer's CPU.
2) Who invented the microprocessor?
The microprocessor was invented by a team of four members, Federico Faggin, Marcian (Ted) Hoff, Stanley Mazor, and Masatoshi Shima in the year 1971.
3) What is control unit in microprocessor?
The Control unit is a component of the microprocessor that tells the MU and logic unit and I/O devices to respond to any instruction that has been sent to the microprocessor.
4) What is tri-state logic?
Tri-state logic which is commonly known as Three-state logic that is used in an electronic circuit which helps in connecting more devices to the same bus line such that it shows three output states i.e. Zero(0), One(1), and Disconnected (high impedance).
5) What is an interrupt in microprocessor?
An interrupt is a temporary halt i.e. created during program execution such that it allows peripheral devices to access the microprocessor.
6) What is interfacing in microprocessor?
Interfacing is a method help to perform the operation of a microprocessor by providing a path in b\w input device and output device.
7) What are different addressing modes available in microprocessor?
Different addressing modes available in the microprocessor are:
- Immediate Mode
- Register Mode
- Register Indirect Mode
- Auto Increment/Decrement Mode
- Direct Addressing Mode
- Indirect Addressing Mode
- Displacement Addressing Mode
- Relative Addressing Mode
8) What is the program counter?
A program counter is a special-purpose register that is used by the microprocessor that is used to hold the address of the instruction being executed in the current time.
9) What is subroutine in microprocessor?
A subroutine is a function or a subprogram that performs a specific task and can be called and executed wherever needed in a program.
10) What is adc in microprocessor?
ADC stands for Analog to Digital Converter that is used to convert analog signals into digital signals.