- 05th May, 2021
- 1046 Followers
Latest MCQ Tests
Pratice HR Questions
Microcontroller MCQ Quiz
1) A microcontroller at-least should consist of:
2) Unlike microprocessors, microcontrollers make use of batteries because they have:
3) What is the order decided by a processor or the CPU of a controller to execute an instruction?
4) If we say microcontroller is 8-bit then here 8-bit denotes size of:
5) Abbreviate CISC and RISC:
6) 8051 microcontrollers are manufactured by which of the following companies?
7) AT89C2051 has RAM of:
8) 8051 series has how many 16 bit registers?
9) When 8051 wakes up then 0x00 is loaded to which register?
10) When the microcontroller executes some arithmetic operations, then the flag bits of which register are affected?
11) How are the status of the carry, auxiliary carry and parity flag affected if the write instruction MOV A,#9C ADD A,#64H
12) How are the bits of the register PSW affected if we select Bank2 of 8051?
13) On power up, the 8051 uses which RAM locations for register R0- R7:
14) How many bytes of bit addressable memory is present in 8051 based microcontrollers?
15) If we push data onto the stack then the stack pointer:
16) Which operations are performed by the bit manipulating instructions of boolean processor?
17) What is the maximum delay generated by the 12 MHz clock frequency in accordance to an auto-reload mode (Mode 2) operation of the timer?
18) Which timer mode exhibit the necessity to generate the interrupt by setting EA bit in IE enhancing the program counter to jump to another vector location?
19) Which among the following control/s the timer1 especially when it is configured as a timer in mode’0′, where gate and TR1 bits are attributed to be ‘1” in TMOD register?
20) Which special function register play a vital role in the timer/counter mode selection process by allocating the bits in it?
21) What is the counting rate of a machine cycle in correlation to the oscillator frequency for timers?
22) What kind of triggering configuration of external interrupt intimate the signal to stay low until the generation of subsequent interrupt?
23) Which location specify the storage/loading of vector address during the interrupt generation?
24) How does the processor respond to an occurrence of the interrupt?
25) What is the divisional range of program memory for internal and external memory portions respectively when enable access pin is held high (unity)?
26) The address space of the 8051 is divided into four distinct areas: internal data, external data, internal code, and external code.
27) Data transfer from I/O to external data memory can only be done with the MOVX command:
28) What is the difference between the 8031 and the 8051?
29) Which of the following statements will add the accumulator and register 3?
30) Bit-addressable memory locations are:
Microcontroller Online Test Questions (Microcontroller FAQs)
1) What is Microcontroller?
A microcontroller is a microcomputer on an integrated circuit (IC) chip manufactured to control the functions of products. A microcontroller performs one specific program that is dedicated to one single task.
2) What is 8051 Microcontroller ?
8051 microcontroller is an 8-bit microcontroller that is consists of 40 pins DIP, 4kb of ROM storage and 128 bytes of RAM storage, 2 16-bit timers, designed by Intel in the year 1981.
3) What are registers in Microcontroller?
A register is a location in microcontroller memory used to write data to or read data.
4) List different types of interupts available in Microcontroller?
There are five different types of interrupts available in Microcontroller are:
- TF0- Timer 0 overflow interrupt
- INT0- External hardware interrupt
- TF1- Timer 1 overflow interrupt
- TF1- External hardware interrupt
- RI/TI- Serial communication interrupt
5) What is a PIC microcontroller?
PIC microcontrollers stand for Programmable Interface Controllers.PIC microcontrollers are used to perform a large no of tasks. They are used in a lot of electronic devices such as mobiles, production line systems, etc.
6) What is an embedded Microcontroller?
An embedded microcontroller system is a system of hardware and software designed to perform dedicated functions within a larger mechanical or electrical system.
7) What is meant by Flipflop?
Flip-flops commonly known as latches are fundamental building blocks of digital electronics systems which is consist of two stable states in order to store information.
8) What is the width of address bus in Microcontroller?
The width of the address bus in the Microcontroller varies as it uses both port 0 and port 2. Therefore while using port 0, the width would be 8 bits and while using port 2 the width would be 16 bits.
9) What are special function registers in Microcontroller?
Microcontroller Special Function Registers in Microcontroller are used to program and control different hardware peripherals.