Information Security MCQ
- 12th May, 2022
- 787 Followers
Latest MCQ Tests
Pratice HR Questions
Information Security MCQ Quiz
1) .......is the practice and precautions taken to protect valuable information from unauthorised access, recording, disclosure or destruction.
2) From the options below, which of them is not a threat to information security?
3) From the options below, which of them is not a vulnerability to information security?
4) _____ platforms are used for safety and protection of information in the cloud.
5) Which of the following information security technology is used for avoiding browser-based hacking?
6) The full form of EDR is _______
7) _______ technology is used for analyzing and monitoring traffic in network and information flow.
8) Compromising confidential information comes under _________
9) Lack of access control policy is a _____
10) Possible threat to any information cannot be ________________
11) In which of the following, a person is constantly chased by another person or group of several peoples?
12) Which one of the following can be considered as the class of computer threats?
13) Which of the following is considered as the unsolicited commercial email?
14) Which of the following usually observe each activity on the internet of the victim, gather all information in the background, and send it to someone else?
15) .......is a type of software designed to help the user's computer detect viruses and avoid them.
16) Which one of the following is a type of antivirus program?
17) Name of the Hacker who breaks the SIPRNET system?
18) Which of the following known as the oldest phone hacking techniques used by hackers to make free calls?
19) Which of the following is considered as the first hacker's conference?
20) Which type following UNIX account provides all types of privileges and rights which one can perform administrative functions?
21) Which one of the following is considered as the most secure Linux operating system that also provides anonymity and the incognito option for securing the user's information?
22) In order to ensure the security of the data/ information, we need to ____________ the data:
23) Firewalls are to protect against:
24) The first computer virus is:
25) The first PC virus was developed in:
26) Joystick allows the movements with:
27) To protect system, there is how many levels of security level?
28) The security of a system can be improved by:
29) CAP is:
30) L0phtCrack is formerly known as LC3.
31) Which of the following attack-based checks Web Inspect cannot do?
Information Security Online Test Questions (Information Security FAQs)
1) What is information security?
Information Security is the practice of preventing unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification, inspection, recording, or destruction of information such that the data of any individual, enterprise, etc. must be safe and secure.
2) What is cryptography?
Cryptography is the process of converting ordinary plain text into unintelligible text and vice-versa. It is a method of storing and transmitting data in a particular form so that only those for whom it is intended can read and process it. It is basically used to secure the information from unauthorized access.
3) What is vulnerability in information security?
A vulnerability is a weakness that can be exploited by a cyber attack to gain unauthorized access to perform unauthorized actions on a computer system in order to theft the information, data or exploit the system for unfair means.
4) What are legal ethical and professional issues in information security?
LEGAL, ETHICAL, AND PROFESSIONAL ISSUES IN INFORMATION SECURITY can be stated as enabling the Law i.e. the set of rules that are mandated to prevent unethical behavior. These laws are drawn from ethics i.e. these must be socially acceptable.
5) What are different types of information security?
Different types of information security are:
- Network security
- Internet security
- Endpoint security
- Cloud security
- Application security
6) Explain what is cyber attacks? List types.
A cyber attack is an attack done to gain unauthorized access to perform unauthorized actions on a computer system in order to theft the information, data or exploit the system for unfair means. Types of cyber attack are:
- Injection attacks
- DNS Spoofing
- Session Hijacking
- Denial of Service
- URL Interpretation
7) What is port scanning?
Port scanning is used to determine which ports on a network are open and could be receiving or sending data. Port scanning is also a process for sending packets to specific ports on a host to analyze the response to identify vulnerabilities.
8) What are the three components of information security?
The three components of information security are known as CIA, C-Confidentiality, I- Integrity, and A- Availability.
9) What is a Firewall?
A firewall is the first line of defense in network security that is used to monitors incoming and outgoing network traffic and permits or blocks data packets based on a set of security rules.
10) What is MITM attack?
MITM attack or man-in-the-middle attack is an attack done by an attacker to intercept communication between the two parties in order to observe or manipulate the information by manipulating the traffic.