Hotel Management Interview Questions
- Anu Chatterjee
- 17th Apr, 2021
- 1049 Followers
Latest Interview Questions
Pratice HR Questions
Hotel Management Interview Questions
1) What is hospitality in hotel industry?
Hospitality is actually one facet of the service industry. It primarily involves addressing customer satisfaction and catering the needs of guests. This can be addressed by dealing with issues such as lodging, amenities and travel arrangements.
2) What are different types of accommodation?
3) What is Check-In and Check-Out process in hotel?
4) What do you know about revenue management?
5) List different types of rooms exist in a Hotel?
Different types of rooms exist in a Hotel are listed below:
- Single: A room assigned to one person. May have one or more beds.
- Double: A room assigned to two people. May have one or more beds.
- Triple: A room assigned to three people. May have two or more beds.
- Quad: A room assigned to four people. May have two or more beds.
- Queen: A room with a queen-sized bed. May be occupied by one or more people.
- King: A room with a king-sized bed. May be occupied by one or more people.
- Twin: A room with two beds. May be occupied by one or more people.
- Double-double: A room with two double (or perhaps queen) beds. May be occupied by one or more people.
- Studio: A room with a studio bed, a couch that can be converted into a bed. May also have an additional bed.
- Cabana: A type of room faces water body, beach, or a swimming pool. It generally has a large balcony.
- Lanai: A room faces a landscape, a waterfall, or a garden.
- Suite: It is composed of one or more bedrooms, a living room, and a dining area. It is excellent for the guests who prefer more space, wish to entertain their guests without interruption and giving up privacy.
- Sico: It is a kind of multipurpose room, which can be used as a meeting room during the day and as a bedroom during the night. These rooms have special beds called Murphy Bed that can be folded entirely against a wall. This bed may or may not have headboard. The lower face of the bed which becomes visible after folding or placing upright, has a decorative wall paper, mirror, or a painting. After folding the bed, the room can accommodate sitting for five to ten people.
- Hollywood Twin Room: It is a room provides two single beds with a common headboard. If a need arises, the two beds can be brought together to form a double bed.
- Deluxe Room: A room available in Single Deluxe and Double Deluxe variants. Deluxe room is well furnished. Some amenities are attached bathroom, a dressing table, a bedside table, a small writing table, a TV, and a small fridge. The floor is covered with carpet and most suitable for small families.
- Duplex Room: It is composed of two rooms located on two different floors, connected with internal stairs.
- A standard hotel room: It is an elongated hotel room designed for two people, though some standard doubles can accommodate up to four.
- Secret rooms: A room accommodations that are hidden from everyone except those clued in to their existence.
6) Explain Sommelier, Spillage, Flatware, Cutlery And Hollowware.
Sommelier is the person who is in charge of serving the wine in a restaurant.
Spillage is a liquid falls by mistake.
Flatware are all forms of spoons and forks.
Cutlery are the knives, and other equipments which are used for cutting.
Hollowware items are made from silver or china.
7) What is OTA?
An over-the-air (OTA) update is the wireless delivery of new software, firmware, or other data to mobile devices.
8) What is a continuously rendered service?
Continuously rendered services are those services, which are prepared and provided only to the customers who are physically present. This kind of service is not finished in instant time; it is a process, which is extended to a time limit. It is a kind of face-to-face interaction.
9) What is a concierge?
A concierge is an employee of a multi-tenant building, such as a hotel or apartment building, or resorts, who receives guests. They assist guests by performing various tasks such as making restaurant reservations, booking hotels, arranging for spa services, recommending nightlife hot spots, booking transportation (like taxi, limousines, airplanes, boats, etc.), coordinating porter service (luggage assistance request), procuring tickets to special events, and assisting with various travel arrangements and tours of local attractions. Concierges also assist with sending and receiving parcels.
10) How do you deal with an unhappy customer?
Give Customers Validation
Give Attention to customers
Make it Right
Evaluate their Expectations
Apologize to customer
Listen to customer
Tell customers They're Right
Make the Customer Whole
Let Them Lead to a Solution
Don't Disagree Right Away
Use Their Insight
Be on Team
Find the Median Between Needs
Don't React First
11) What do you mean by customer satisfaction?
Customer satisfaction is defined as a measurement that determines how happy customers are with a company's products, services, and capabilities.
12) Can you tell me names of top most hotels in India?
AHILYA FORT, MAHESHWAR
UMAID BHAWAN PALACE, JODHPUR
TAJ LAKE PALACE, UDAIPUR
SHER BAGH, RANTHAMBORE
TAJ SAFARIS, MADHYA PRADESH
THE ULTIMATE TRAVELLING CAMP, NAGALAND
JAWAI LEOPARD CAMP, PALI
OBEROI VANYAVILAS WILDLIFE RESORT, RANTHAMBORE
MARARI BEACH, MARARIKULAM
THE LEELA, GOA ELSEWHERE, GOA
SURYA SAMUDRA, KOVALAM
NEELESHWAR HERMITAGE, KASARAGOD
THE LEELA PALACE, BENGALURU
THE IMPERIAL HOTEL, NEW DELHI
ITC GRAND CHOLA, CHENNAI
THE OBEROI GRAND, KOLKATA
THE TAJ MAHAL PALACE, MUMBAI
13) According to you what is most important thing to become successful in Hotal management?
You should try to keep following things in mind to become successful in Hotal management:
Keep your guests safe
Keep an eye on those reviews
Generate great leads
Be a motivator for your hotel staff
Always focus on the big picture
Stay informed of industry trends and news
Spend time in the hotel
Salary potential Diversity
The chance to travel
A positive attitude
An eye for aesthetics
Time management and organization Proactivity
The ability to work under pressure
A creative approach to problem solving
Inventory and revenue
Mistakes to avoid
How you need to operate
Optimising your online travel agent profile
Maintaining your reputation
Direct bookings websites
Remove manual processes
The hotel industry thrives on location
Give customers an innovative experience.
Make decisions quickly Get out of the office Lead by example
Surround yourself with the right people
Measure and reward performance
Implement the right technologies