How to crack the ThoughtWorks interview
- 08th Jan, 2021
Thoughtworks is a leading technology and software company which is associated with the growth of their company and employees. Those who are willing to apply for the job in ThoughtWorks here is a guide on how to crack the ThoughtWorks interview. It will help you in deciding how to prepare and represent yourself.
About the Company
Thoughtworks is a software company which is having its various branches across 15 countries. There are different services being offered by ThoughtWorks related to software designing, development, and consultancy. The company was founded in 1993 and since then it is providing satisfactory services to their clients and is leading on the path of success. It was founded by Neville Roy Singham and the present CEO of the company is Guo Xiao. There are various subsidiaries of ThoughtWorks like ThoughtWorks studios. It is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois of the United States. There are more than 6000 employees working together for the welfare of the company.
Process of the interview
The interview procedure consists of four rounds, all these rounds are listed below in detail for your reference.
For the first round, you need to qualify a written test which will consist of major 4 sections including Quantitative aptitude, verbal, reasoning, and some technical questions. If you clear the sectional cut off for the test only then you will be eligible for the next round.
It is one of the most crucial rounds for any company placement, in this round you are going to be a part of Group Discussion with the fellow candidates. Those aspirants who are having good critical thinking, communication skills and seem perfect for the job role will be selected.
It is a Coding round where your technical skills are analyzed. It can either be a written test or a face to face interview. You will be provided with two or three questions on Coding which you have to answer correctly.
The final round will be with the company HR, he will examine your attitude, behavior, way of talking and other physical skills which are needed for a good representative.
Some previously asked questions
This list of questions is here which has been asked by the interviewer in the previous placements.
- Why do you want to join ThoughtWorks?
- Write a program to add two strings without utilizing the + operator.
- Do you know about the stream in C++? Tell me about the predefined streams in C++.
- Describe any moment or the most rewarding experience of your college.
- What are the tokens in C++? Explain and tell about their importance and roles.
- Why do we use inner join and outer join? Give a proper reason.
- In your opinion what are the qualities that a team leader should have?
- Write a function to take an argument and return 0 if the given number is prime else in other cases return -1.
- What do you understand by the reference variable? How will you define them in C++?
- Why do you want to do a job instead of going for higher studies?