How to crack the Barclays interview
- 08th Jan, 2021
Those aspirants who are from the finance background for them Barclays is one of the good choices. You should not miss this opportunity of giving an interview for the company. You need to prepare everything in advance so that you won't get hesitant and will be able to answer everything with confidence. Here is an article on how to crack the Barclays interview for your reference.
About the Company
Barclays is a British bank and financial company that has been providing its services to customers for decades. The company is majoring in four businesses which are personal banking, investment management, wealth management, and corporate banking. It is having its headquarters in London, United Kingdom. There are around 79,900 employees working at different branches of the Barclays company. The present CEO of the company is Jes Staley. There are various subsidiaries of Barclays like Absa group limited, Barclaycard, etc. As per the records of the year 2018, it has earned the overall revenue of 2113.6 crore US dollars.
Process of the interview
The interview process for the Barclays investment bank is divided into major three rounds. Let us discuss each round in detail.
Round 1: Aptitude+Coding test
The first round will be an online test where you will get a few sections that you have to answer in the best possible ways. Try to answer them correctly so that you can qualify the sectional cut off. You can also expect some questions from the Coding.
Round 2: Technical Interview
The second round is a technical round where some general questions will be asked to check your technical skills. The level of questions will depend on the profile for which you are applying.
Round 3: HR interview
Your final meeting is going to be with the company HR who will test your behavior and attitude. He will also ask you some general questions which are easy to answer.
Tips to crack the interview
These are few tips with dos and don'ts during your interview.
- You should be positive in every possible way so that the interviewer can get your positive side and problem-solving skill.
- Apart from communication skills, passion and persuasion are also important.
- While implying any theory try to be more practical and give examples in order to justify your concept.
- The questions will be to check your practical knowledge which should match with the CV.
- Don't try to be dishonest or round off the things as it may lead to problems for you.
Some previously asked questions
The list of interview questions can occupy unlimited questions but here we are mentioning a usual pattern. On the basis of it, you can expect the other questions during your interview.
- Why do you want to join Barclays?
- What do you know about Barclays?
- Do you think that you will be able to satisfy the client and solve their query?
- What are your career goals and achievements that you have made in the past?
- Why do you want to work instead of going for higher studies?